Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Angels Where You Least Expect Them

Not too many people can really tell when they'll need an angel. I mean, we might pray for God to send angels to watch over us or a loved one, but we don't usually see the need coming on a day to day basis. Who can tell when they'll need an angel? When does having access to an angel occur to us?

There are times it's obvious.  When my son was deployed to Iraq, both times, I prayed for the angels to watch over him and keep him from harm.....and they did.  But, not too many of us are going into battle here in the USA.

That is, unless you're talking about spiritual battles, of course.   They are going on all around us, all the time. God's Word tells us that we don't wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities and powers. Read Ephesians 6:12-18.

After one such recent battle, I was spent.  The battle might have been hard for the average person to even recognize, given the situation, but it was nothing short of spiritual warfare.  I sat there for a while afterward, pondering the situation, and reeling.  

And then an angel came to my rescue.

She seemed to appear out of nowhere, but I knew she'd been there all along. She'd heard the entire battle. She said, "HI. Excuse me. I don't mean to intrude, but I couldn't help but overhear."

I said, "Hi. You're not intruding at all."

She said, "Are you ok?  I heard it all.......... and couldn't leave until I knew you were ok.  I'm so sorry."

I said, "It's a situation."

Her: "I could tell."

Me:  "Thanks for your concern."

Her: "My, my.  You can't win."

Me: "I know. I know."

Her: "Are you sure you're ok? I have to be sure you're ok."

Me: "No, but I will be. Thank you. You are so kind.  Let me shake your hand."

Her:  "I'll have none of it. You need a hug!"

And this perfect stranger hugged me hard and her kindness touched me and left me, yes, even me, speechless. All I could do was thank her again for her incredible kindness, and marvel at her perception. She was a stranger, after all.

I am so incredibly blessed.  God sent me an angel just in time to encourage my weary soul.  Imagine!  She heard the entire thing!  I can't stop thinking about her.  My angel.  My beautiful, brunette angel!

Praise be.

Hebrews 13:2, "Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares."

~Tricia

No comments:

Post a Comment