Saturday, January 18, 2014

"If You Are Happy"

This morning, while browsing Pinterest, I came across a crafty idea about making a heart on an apron with a template. It was cute, so I scrolled down to see all of it, since it was a longer pin with pictures leading up to the final product. It was a cute idea, but not life-changing by any stretch of the imagination. However, the pinner's words struck me. At the end of the picture trail, the pinner said, "If you like this creation, and if you are happy, please visit my site."

When I read this, I pictured this pinner going to her website visitor counter, seeing how many happy people visited her site! And she could think, "Wow, it's good to know so many people are happy." 

I repinned her pin, not necessarily because I want to do the craft project - although I might. I repinned this because I love that quote! 

If you are happy........

It's no secret that happy people are pleasant to be around. Happiness might be hard to define by general standards, but it's not hard to spot when you're out and about, or even in your own home. Happiness is a pursuit, even written in our beloved Declaration of Independence as an inalienable right, paraphrased here: "We hold these truths to be sacred and undeniable; that all men are created equal & independent, that from equal creation they derive rights inherent and inalienable, among which are the preservation of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness:"

We all have the right to be happy. 

Happiness is an internal choice, and that choice is not given to you by the USA. It is given to you by God, Himself. There are always going to be pressures and stresses in this world that can bring you down and rob you of your happiness. There are always going to be negative people who will drag you down and try to take your happiness from you. (Those people are not happy, themselves, but jealous of you.)

But, when your true happiness rests in God, they simply can't take that away from you. When Mary sat at Jesus' feet, learning, instead of helping her sister, Martha with food prep, Jesus said she had chosen what could not be taken from her. (Luke 10:38-42)  It could not be taken away from her! It can't be taken away from you, either.

So, I hope you are happy.
If you are, I know you are resting in His grace.
And I rejoice.
~Tricia


No comments:

Post a Comment