Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Are You Ready?

Almost eight years ago, when our grandson, Cole, was born, we drove from western NY to Jacksonville, NC, where our daughter lived at the time Cole was born. It was a 12-hour drive, so there was a lot of scenery to view and time to watch the landscape unfold. It was October and while that might indicate the chance for snow in western NY, it certainly did not in NC. But, as I rode along in the car with my hubby driving, I suddenly saw white fields!  Fields that were just solid white. In NY, a white field means only one thing, snow. But, it was 72 degrees, this was not snow. As I kept looking out the window, a Scripture verse came to mind......John 4:35.....

"Say not ye, There are yet four months, and then cometh the harvest? behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields, that they are white already unto harvest."

I had wondered about that verse in the past....why white? I grew up on a farm and a field ready for harvest was either green like soy beans, or gold like the top of the corn or a wheat field. I'd never seen a white field.

Then it hit me - COTTON! I was looking at cotton fields!  All the cotton was ready for harvest!  Of course cotton. The Middle East............Egyptian cotton.......middle east cotton.......of course!  Jesus was referring to cotton fields, which are white when ready for harvest.


They are white.....ready for harvest. Are you ready to work the harvest?  Jesus, Himself, has said the fields are white unto harvest. This is a given; we must expect a harvest and live as though it's imminent. 

Are you ready?
~Tricia

(Google image from http://sanda-halcyondays.blogspot.com/2012/09/in-land-of-cotton.html)

No comments:

Post a Comment